Kindergarten students begin to develop observation skills as they learn about the five senses, the earth’s composition, and the basic needs of plants and animals. Students will explore topics such as:
- My Body—the five senses, major organs, and systems.
- Plants and Animals—needs and habitats; conservationist Jane Goodall.
- Measurement—size, height, length, weight, capacity, and temperature.
- Matter—solid, liquid, and gas.
- The Seasonal Cycle—changing weather in the seasons.
- Our Earth—geographical features; taking care of the earth; environmentalist Rachel Carson.
- Motion—pushes and pulls; magnets.
- Astronomy—the earth, sun, moon, and stars; exploring space; astronauts Neil Armstrong and Sally Ride.
Standard Curriculum Items
- Plastic pipette
- Safety glasses
- Basic thermometer
- Bar magnets (pair)
- Magnifying glass
Copyright© 2009 K¹² International Academy and Excel Vision Education Sdn. Bhd. All rights reserved
Webmaster : Emmanuel
What we Offer
K-8 Courses OverviewArtHistoryLanguage Arts/EnglishMathScienceMusicHigh School Program OverviewHigh School ProgramForeign Languages